Cobalt offers different Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) tiers to best suit your budget and testing goals. Explore what’s included in each tier.
Cobalt Pentest Reports
- Navigating to the Report and Its Sections
- Standard Report Versions
- Customized Report
- Downloading a Report
- Co-branded Reports (for Partners)
Navigating to the Report and Its Sections
From the pentest landing page, select "Report."
On the left side of the Report page, you'll notice all sections of the full report. You can click on a section and be taken directly to that particular part of the report.
Standard Report Versions
We provide the following types of pentest reports:
- For Agile Pentests:
- Automated Report: A system-generated report for an Agile Pentest intended for internal use.
- For Comprehensive Pentests:
- Attestation Letter: This is the smallest pentest report among all the reports available on Cobalt platform. This report is usually used to attest with external stakeholders that security testing was performed by a third party for your IT asset(s).
- Customer Letter: An executive summary of the pentest completed to be shown as a certificate of completion. Great for external shareholders.
- Attestation Report: Mainly used for customers or prospects to show that a pentest has been performed, what the methodology was, and a summary of the pentest.
- Full Report: Full report which includes all sections of the report for internal or external stakeholders. This includes a "Post-Test Remediation" table that will display the status of all findings (Fixed, Not Fixed, or Accepted Risk).
- Full Report + Findings Details: This report includes the full report and all details of each finding similar to what you'd see when you click on a finding.
Learn more about pentest reports.
You can customize any of the above reports, with the exception of the Automated Report and Attestation Letter, by clicking on the Customize button located in the top-right corner of the Report page. You can also save a copy of the customized report.
Upon clicking the Customize button, the same report will appear in a modal with the ability to select sections of the report to be included or excluded. Inclusion is shown by Open Eye control.
You can exclude any identified sections of the report by simply clicking the Open Eye control. Once clicked, it will fade those sections of the report to visually indicate that those sections are not included in the report. Also the type of report will change from what was originally selected to “Customized Report”.
After going through the entire report and including/excluding appropriate sections you can Apply those changes. Once all the changes are applied, you can download the customized pentest report in PDF format.
Cobalt supports pentest report co-branding for its partners. With this functionality available in the Cobalt platform, a Cobalt partner is able to include their logo alongside the Cobalt logo on pentest reports generated by their shared customers. To enable the pentest report co-branding functionality and use it, please follow https://cobaltio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7275160610964-Co-branded-Pentest-Reports
Downloading a Report
The report Download button is located in the top right corner of the Report page. Once you click on the Download button, downloading of either the standard or customized report (depending on which is selected) will start. It may take anywhere between a few seconds to a few minutes to download depending on the size of content of the report. The downloaded report will be a PDF file.