This is a guide on how to setup Google as Identity Provider for SAML configuration to log in to Cobalt App
The main guide to follow is the one from Google themselves, there are however some nuances.
This requires Google administrator access, and Cobalt Org Owner access.
You can create your app and configure your organization SAML at the same time
- Initiate SAML application creation process
- Take URLs provided by Google as well as a certificate on step 2:
3. Go to organization → settings → Authorization and enable SAML 2.0. Make sure you insert URLs in the right places in Cobalt. They are in a different order in Google setup:
4. After saving use RelayState for next step in Google setup:
5. If you configure the organization right away, provide RelayState on step 4 along with ACS URL and Entity ID. Leave the Signed Response unchecked:
ACS URL: https://api.cobalt.io/users/saml/auth
Entity ID: https://api.cobalt.io/users/saml/metadata
6. Provide email attribute mapping on step 5:
7. Finish the process and configure access to the new application:
8. Your application is now accessible via google suite (top right corner where all other apps live)
You can find the Cobalt logo at bottom of this page: https://cobalt.io/press or simply save the image below