Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How do I update my plan to a new tier?
- Q: How do I know which tier my company has purchased?
- Q: When does the clock begin ticking for the start testing within SLA?
- Q: How is the free retesting end date calculated for a pentest?
- Q: What does Onboarding include?
- Q: How do you support dedicated pentester regions?
- Q: Does Cobalt offer other security services beyond pentesting?
Q: How do I update my plan to a new tier?
A: Explore Cobalt’s offerings to determine the right package for your budget and testing goals. If you’re interested in updating your plan, please contact your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How do I know which tier my company has purchased?
A: You can easily reference your current plan by visiting the Credits page in the Cobalt platform.
Q: When does the clock begin ticking for the start testing within SLA?
A: Pentest start times are dependent on when the Pentest has all the required information to properly brief our pentest community. We call this when a pentest has moved into the “Planned” state.
Q: How is the free retesting end date calculated for a pentest?
A: The timeline for retesting starts after your pentest end date within an active contract. Mark your findings as Ready for Retest at least 10 days before your contract ends.
- Free retesting is based on your PtaaS tier:
- Standard tier: 6 months
- Premium and Enterprise tiers: 12 months
- Free retesting is only available within an active contract. Your retest end date will be either the duration of your purchased tier or 10 days before your contract end date.
- When you start a pentest right before your contract expires, you may not qualify for retesting. If you add a new contract, we’ll update your retest end date based on the tier your pentest was planned in. For example:
- Standard contract duration: from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
- You have a pentest moved to Planned on December 18, 2022 with a start date of December 20, 2022 and an end date of January 20, 2023. The free retesting end date for this pentest is December 21, 2022 (10 days before your current contract end date).
- Then on December 30, 2022, you signed a new Enterprise contract for a period from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023. To recalculate the free retesting end date for your pentest planned on December 18, we will look at the Standard tier. Since you extended your contract, we’ll also update your retesting end date from January 20, 2023 to June 20, 2023 (6 months for Standard tier).
Q: What does Onboarding include?
A: Onboarding includes CSM-led calls in which your team and Cobalt align on primary points of contact, success plans, and an inventory of your assets. In addition, a Cobalt Sales Engineer will provide a comprehensive demo of the Cobalt platform, along with technical guidance on how to set your first pentest. Premium Tier Onboarding is provided to your Security team and 1 dev team. Enterprise Tier Onboarding is provided to all teams.
Q: How do you support dedicated pentester regions?
A: We work with you to understand the region you need for your pentesters and identify pentesters from our community in those regions. Dedicated pentester regions may have an impact on the time it takes to start a pentest. Please note that this does not indicate support for Data Localization as required by some countries.
Q: Does Cobalt offer other security services beyond pentesting?
A: Absolutely! At Cobalt, our goal is to be an ongoing resource for our customers and a true extension of their security team by helping them protect their broader IT ecosystems. For this reason, we offer a variety of professional services designed to boost the maturity of your current security program and improve your overall security posture.